Welcome to the website for the Austin Tour Guide Association!
Founded in 2006, the ATGA represents a wide range of tour guides and coordinators in beautiful Austin, Texas, the Live Music Capital of the World.
Tour group operators who work with the Austin Tour Guide Association are guaranteed to get a certified, knowledgeable, and professional guide who will give tourists the best side of Austin.
ALL ATGA members are certified Guides in Austin and metro area. Their expertise is varied and therefore so are the fees that are charged as is the case in all professions. The fees below are listed to give you an idea of what the fees can be. One exception is #4. Meet’n'Greet is something Austin Tour Guide Association members have been trained to do as a team. In ALL cases below, ATGA Guides are individual contractors.
- Walking tours – $15-20 per individual – min of 5 persons.
- Step-on Guide – tour of Austin and surrounding area; wine tours; Hill Country tours – $35.-80. per hr with a 3hr min.
- All Day guide- 8hrs – $350.-400.
- Meet’n'Greet – $20 per hour per person with 3 hr min. Austin-Bergstrom Airport/business/hotel.
- Travel Assistant on coach…no touring…help getting group to destination and return to hotel/destination. ie with wedding party guests, shopping run, hotel run – $20-25 per hr. with a 3 hr min.
- Help planning tour/s or events or booking resturants, etc – $25 per hr with a 2 hr min.
- Travel to meet group outside Austin ie Lost Pines or Barton Creek – $25-50 gas/travel time.